Saturday, February 6, 2010

Still here...

The barometric pressure has not done me any good.  Oh well.  The snow has stopped, and the roads all seem to be fine.  Not that bad roads would be any sort of hindrance - Chase takes snow covered roads as a personal challenge.  With three four wheel drive vehicles we aren't in much danger of being stuck anywhere.

I don't feel any different than I did yesterday.  I got excited for a minute or two last night thinking I was possibly having contractions.  It must have been Braxton Hicks because I had no trouble going back to sleep.  My problem is that I didn't go through any of the usual steps and stages last time around because I was induced.  I don't know what labor (or the early signs) looks or feels like.

The weather forecast has changed again, and it looks like we are done with the snow for a few days.  This means I really may get to have my baby shower tomorrow!  Hopefully I'll have lots of great pictures to share.  Don't worry, I'll let you know if I go into labor.  I'll be too excited not to share.

3 comments:

DJan said...

It's always different for the second child anyway, Whitney, so even if you didn't know what the first one was like, it wouldn't matter. I think you can relax unless you (1) get contractions or (2) your water breaks! Glad to hear about those four wheelers, and I think the storm is moving away. You're on my mind...

Reya Mellicker said...

I'm thinking of you right on the brink of going into labor with much love and sending supportive energy as you bring another beautiful being into this world.

When you're in real labor, you will know, believe me.

Can't believe it's time already ... wow.

Nancy said...

Oh my gosh! I didn't realize you were so close. Clear those roads!