Monday, February 1, 2010

Pregnancy Isn't Always Fun...

I want to thank everyone for the kind comments on my belly pictures; the compliments are much appreciated.  I know that those pictures will be very much cherished in the years to come.  It will certainly serve as a reminder to Chase of what I went through to grow our son!  I must admit he does seem appropriately impressed by my fortitude (not to mention my girth).

I fully understand why the last trimester is increasingly uncomfortable; it helps us decide we'd rather have the baby out than in.  I'd just forgotten how uncomfortable it could get!  Actually, I don't feel that bad.  I still have ankles, can still shave my legs, don't have trouble with most of the housework and can still play pretty easily with Jordan.  My biggest problem in the last few days is that I can't ever fully relieve my bladder.  I don't know if the difference is because I'm carrying a boy or if it's just that this baby takes particular delight in squashing my bladder.  Whichever it is, I'm tired of it!

My mother in law called this afternoon and asked how I was feeling.  When I told her my lack of peeing power she offered a few suggestions.  While I appreciate the thought behind the suggestions, I had to inform her that I could not pee upside down.  I understand she was thinking that a different position might shift him off my bladder for a few minutes, but I don't know of any way to actually reach the bathroom except by being upright.  Oh well, she was just trying to help.

On the toddler front, Jordan has learned a slew of new words.  The most exciting ones, to me, are 'Love You' and 'Excuse Me.'  Of course they sound more like 'luh oo' and 'suse me,' but I'm thrilled with them!  It's so amazing to me to watch her personality develop.  She has so many traits that are uniquely hers along with some that are eerily reminiscent of Chase and of me.  It's a shame that the traits that seem like me happen to be less than appealing.  Irony at work.  My father gets the biggest kick out of hearing me complain about things that he once dealt with in me.

Last night she displayed one of her major personality traits - the desire to help.  When I'm in a hurry this can be frustrating, but I actually hope she retains this quirk.  It was cute to watch her helping Chase vacuum the chair.  He is looking at purchasing a new vacuum cleaner and was trying out a neighbor's Dyson (by the way, any suggestions on vacuums would be appreciated).  Jordan thought he could use an extra hand:)



5 comments:

Nancy said...

It is so hard those last weeks. You just want the baby {{out of there}}!! My last one was 10lbs4oz and I thought that last night that I would take her out myself! She came the next morning. It's like that - just when you think you can't take another minute - it's time!

No ideas on vacume cleaners. I don't like the dump kind. Too dirty! My daughter has one and it's gross to dump.

Kathy's Klothesline said...

I was fortunate enough to be due in the summer months. I was really uncomfortable with the twins and found that being submerged in water relieved a lot of the pressure. Luckily there was a bathroom nearby and I found it easier to empty my bladder after being in the water for about 20 minutes. I had trouble getting a good deep breath, too. That pool was a God send!

Both my daughters have Dysons and think they are wonderful. One daughter has a Saint Bernard puppy and lots of hair to deal with. The puppy is only 5 months old and weighs 80 lbs, so I see lots of dog hair in her future.

Kathy's Klothesline said...

I was fortunate enough to be due in the summer months. I was really uncomfortable with the twins and found that being submerged in water relieved a lot of the pressure. Luckily there was a bathroom nearby and I found it easier to empty my bladder after being in the water for about 20 minutes. I had trouble getting a good deep breath, too. That pool was a God send!

Both my daughters have Dysons and think they are wonderful. One daughter has a Saint Bernard puppy and lots of hair to deal with. The puppy is only 5 months old and weighs 80 lbs, so I see lots of dog hair in her future.

The Good Cook said...

I LOVE my dyson animal - expensive but I think it will be the last vac you ever buy!

Oh those last weeks - natures way of getting us ready to do ANYTHING to get that baby out!!

DJan said...

Whitney, I keep thinking that sometime you will not be blogging and I'll know HE arrived. Are you taking a laptop to the hospital. Certainly your camera. Is Chase going to be in the delivery room? And I remember not being able to sleep lying down; heartburn all the last month!