Wednesday, February 10, 2010

Baby Shower

Sorry I've waited so long to post these; I've just been busy getting things together!


Ashley and Me, showing off our matching shirts and dissimilar bellies.


I was, naturally, the first to eat.  Chicken salad, fresh fruit, mini quiches, cranberry topped brie.  Yum.  What I love about this picture is that I don't really even look pregnant!


And then in this picture I look incredibly pregnant!  Which I am.  


Jordan got presents as well.  She brought her baby doll (Dolly) to the shower and was given a set for her that has a playpen, carrier, bouncy seat, chair, car seat, and diaper changing table.  We are practicing her nurturing skills.  So far, Dolly (and her other doll, Baby) sleep in the play pen beside her bed at nap time and night time.  She carries them around constantly.  


Opening gifts with my little helper!  She was kind enough to collect and throw away trash while I oohed and aahed.


I'm holding 'A Hare and A Spare.'  The little blankets are amazingly soft and they are set up so he can have one blankie here at home and one for when we travel.  I love the play on 'an heir and a spare.'


I love this little sweater.  Peanut got A LOT of clothes.  Whoever said that there are no cute boy clothes lied.  Everything he got - ranging from NB to 24 M - is adorable.  I'm sure ya'll will see as I post pictures after he arrives.  


Here's a picture of most of the loot before it was loaded in my car.  We made out like bandits!  I also received some Dr. Seuss wall decals.  I am hoping that we'll get those up tonight.  If so, I'll take pictures.  There is also a wall sticker quote: "...Because after all...A person's a person no matter how small."  I have my sister in law to thank for all of that.  

I am really starting to get ready to have this baby.  I have been rather bitchy the last 18 hours or so.  I'm hoping that's a sign I'm getting close.  Otherwise I may have to go into seclusion!  I have another checkup this afternoon so I'm hoping that'll give me a clue as to whether I'm any closer than I was last week.  I made it through to the baby shower so I'm pretty prepared.  My hospital bag is packed, I have diapers and clothes for when we get home, and the rest of what I need is in the attic from Jordan.  

These days I'm trying to take care of minor chores and spend time playing with Jordan - in between resting and eating!  Bless my husband who has taken up all the slack around here because he knows I just can't do it right now.  He also knows that it would drive me crazy if it didn't get done.  That's why he's been cleaning the floors and bathrooms, cleaning out the garage, organizing all the stuff we've moved from the office/nursery to the basement, and taking care of the dog.  How great is that?  

I'm hoping everyone is enjoying their week.  I have been keeping up with blog reading even though I've done so little blogging myself!  

2 comments:

Kathy's Klothesline said...

Wow, you made a good haul! Sounds like you are getting ready for the big event. Can't wait to see "peanut"! My son and daughter-in-law have put in their application to adopt "one more time". This will be #4 and they said this last time, but Zara was such an easy baby and still is. I am not complaining, I love all my grands and have plenty of love for another!

DJan said...

Wow, for such a pregnant woman, you are still ravishing! What a great bunch of pictures, it satisfied my need to see what's going on in your home. And yes, I would bet you are so ready!! Big day is coming soon, you must be ready to have this baby...