Chase called the doctor's office this morning and ordered new frames. They should be here tomorrow and she'll be back to good. They can just reuse the lenses and the cable temples, thank goodness. I know she'll be glad to get them back because she has already asked for them. We were on the way to dinner last night, about half an hour after the incident, and she started asking for her 'gatgets.' I never thought she'd get so great about her glasses that she'd actually be asking for them...
Here is Jordan helping Chase vacuum Cody's chair. Yes, Cody is the dog. He's also kind enough to share his chair with anyone who doesn't mind being loved on.
Here he is, all 86 pounds of him. He typically lies across the back of the chair so there's room for people to sit. He makes a great pillow. He also sheds like mad. It's rather pointless to wear black to our house unless you don't want to sit down. He's one of the reasons we need a super duper vacuum.
He's big on cuddling. Yes, he's lying across my lap as I knit. He was only mildly bothered by the yarn tickling his ear every so often.
Chase left home after lunch, ostensibly headed back to work. Then I received a text asking me what I'd thought of such and such vacuum and did I want him to go ahead and get it because he was at the store. Hmmm...that sneaky man. I told him to do whatever he wanted as he was the one who was going to be using it. You see, we made a deal when we got married. We divvied up the chores and have, for the most part, stuck with the deal. Vacuuming, mopping, etc. is his domain. Of course, now that I'm home all the time I do much more of that but lately have let him take back over (for obvious reasons).
I have a feeling he'll be coming home tonight with a Dyson Animal. You can kind of see why we need it!
As for your questions, DJan, I plan on taking a laptop to the hospital. They have free wireless and I took one last time. We are definitely taking a camera! I think we took about 200 pictures in the first few days with Jordan. Chase and Ashley will be in the delivery room with me. They keep me (and the nursing staff) entertained. There was an awful lot of joking and laughter last time around. They also tell me how incredibly awesome I am and how proud they are of me. Besides, I figure he helped me get into this condition and deserves to watch me struggle to get out of it! Don't worry, though, I don't think I'm going quite yet. We'll see what the doctor has to say tomorrow. I'm not sure I'll make it to my due date, but I kind of hope I do. Mostly because I don't want to rush through these last few weeks with Jordan. We're about to enter a new phase and I am not quite ready to let go of this one...

3 comments:
Oh, all of that is wonderful news, except of course the glasses. But I'll bet she can see much better with them than without, which is why she wants them back. Maybe a spare set one of these days? And it sounds like a vacation with all those people around during delivery. Almost. Okay, not even! You go, girl!!!
You are right to want to cherish these last days with your little girl. She will suddenly look so big to you after the delivery of your new love. It all goes by so quickly!
I understand the need for one's glasses! My eyesight is awful - without them I would be useless!
Cody is BEAUTIFUL! And how sweet of him to share his chair. Seeing his pics makes me miss Jake - in a good way.
Nice to see you knitting on the couch, too. You are lovely.
Post a Comment