Monday, August 3, 2009

Way too soon?

I'm only 10 weeks or so, but I swear I feel little flutters in my tummy. Now I'll admit, sometimes those flutters are gas...but sometimes not. I read somewhere that you often feel movement earlier in the pregnancy the second or third (so on) time around. Not so much because the baby moves sooner but because you know what it feels like.
I know my body has already changed. I'm heavier, slower, thicker. My hands and feet are starting to swell in the heat. My stomach looks like it did months ago when I was still trying to shed baby weight. I don't really look pregnant so much as I look like I've put on a few pounds. My pants don't fit, my shirts are unflattering. It seems perhaps the teeny flutters are a way to compensate for how unattractive I'm beginning to feel.
I have been restless and tired the last couple of days. I've been wearing a cloak of dissatisfaction. I'm becoming frustrated with myself for my inability to settle. Perhaps I need to meditate. Or do my yoga. Something is bound to help. I don't know if it's hormones or just the need for a change of pace. Do you ever feel like this; annoyed with yourself, tired of your own company?

No comments: