Having started this medication twice before I feel I know what to expect. First it makes me groggy. Then I can count on some irritability for the first month or two. Ugh. Just when I hit my second trimester, where I am supposed to feel better and have more energy, I have to take time to feel like Sleepyhead Grouch! Ah well, beats the hell out of having a seizure...
On a different note, we are finally getting some much needed rain. It's fantastic because the last few days have been breath stealingly HOT. My grass was turning crunchy again and my trees were thirsty. I've tried to keep them watered, particularly the new crape myrtles we planted, but it seems like they can't get enough. We are supposed to have rain for the remainder of the week. I think the dog is the only one not excited by this. And perhaps my toddler. She does, however, have the appropriate rain gear. Thanks to my mother in law she is quite the fashionista! This is a picture of her lovely raincoat. The matching galoshes are in her closet.
3 comments:
So you suffer from seizures? Did you also go off your meds for the little one before? I sometimes wonder if the doctors keep us on meds that are not necessary for unknown reasons.
Okay, I'll see if I can find out who this author is and see if I've read anything by her. If not, I guess I've got a good read or two ahead of me! BTW, after looking at your author list, I wonder if you've read any of Jhumpa Lahiri's books (she's got three out, two of short stories, and a novel). She is one of my favorite reads!
I am sorry for your garden ..But i am sure it will rain soon and will make you and your garden feel happy..Unseen Rajasthan
DJan, yes, I started having seizures about 4 years ago for some unknown reason. I was put on meds after the second one in 6 months. We all thought it was safe for me after delivery so I could breast feed but after 4 months I had another one and restarted the medicine. The doctor told me it is suggested that I remain on it for 2 to 5 years and then try to come off of it again. Because I didn't want to wait 2 to 5 years to have another kid we devised a plan we think to be the safest for both me and the baby.
I read so voraciously that I love to discover new authors. Thank you for the tip.
Post a Comment