Friday, August 28, 2009

Torn

I am getting ready to go out of town for the weekend. All I need is for my husband to get home and then I'm off! Or rather, we are. And by we I mean he and me. No munchkin. No dog. Just two grownups off for a weekend of relaxation. A very overdue weekend. We went away for a night for our 3rd anniversary. That was over 4 years ago. I am sooooo excited about this little jaunt.
We have never left our daughter. Yes, I have left and he has left but we have never left. This is the first time we will be leaving her in the care of someone else for any extended period of time. It's going to be tough to say goodbye to her, even if it's only for 48 hours. I will miss seeing all of the little things she does and catching kisses and accepting hugs. I will miss rocking her before I lay her down at night and listening to her chatter first thing in the morning.
However, the harder it is for me to leave the more I realize how incredibly necessary it is. I am more than just a mother and I need an opportunity to enjoy being a woman and a wife. My husband and I need time together; what couple doesn't? And my daughter needs to be a little less attached to me. This weekend will be fantastic for all involved!
So we are headed away to enjoy shopping, eating, sleeping in...And we are leaving Jordan in the capable hands of my sister. They will have, as always, a wonderful time together. I hope everyone else has a lovely weekend as well.

2 comments:

DJan said...

It's very important to do this. One day she will go off to school and you need to start preparing yourself. When my son got on the bus by himself and went off to school for the first time, I cried all day!

Unseen India Tours said...

Thanks for the lovely wishes for weekend..Wish you a wonderful weekend too..Unseen Rajasthan