Not that I didn't know that, of course. Trust me, I'm quite aware that I'm pregnant. Still, the confirmation that all is well was welcome. After sitting in the doctor's office for eons we finally got called back. There I sat in my paper gown with an equally lovely lap robe made of a gigantic paper towel, covered in chill bumps. Why is it always cold when you have to get naked?
After the general exam came the fun part. The vaginal ultrasound. Which actually isn't bad. And you get to watch all of the water aerobics happening inside. Quite cool. Our very first glimpse of our latest addition; the physical proof of our love. First time around we both got teary but this time we were more relaxed. It was nice to be able to tell that there was a head, and legs, and arms, despite the alien resemblance.
Based on the heart beat the doctor said the chances are good it's a boy. Not that that is a terribly scientific pronouncement. But I have a feeling he is right. From the get go I've felt that this one is of the masculine variety. Last time I was certain it was a girl, and I was right. My husband would love to have a boy; he's keen on the idea of one of each. I'm honestly just looking for a healthy baby. I will love little peanut, no matter the gender. However, if it is a boy, he's gonna look awfully funny in all those pink clothes we have tucked away!
1 comment:
Whitney, since you don't have your followers or that easy to join thingie on your front page, I had a hard time finding out how to follow you. I want to be reminded when you post something, so I can remember what it was like to be preggers. It happened to me twice, a long time ago. But I did it!
I had to find out more about you from the comments you leave on my posts. And it was worth the struggle!
Post a Comment