Wednesday, August 19, 2009

Time for a change

I have been so tired lately that I haven't even been reading my usual blogs, much less actually blogging. I feel somewhat guilty but blogging is not the only thing that has fallen by the wayside. I haven't worked out for the last week or so, nor have I been as attentive to housework. Ah well, this will pass. Soon enough I will have my energy back.
I have been on a bit of a cooking spree. This happens every so often and I usually give in to the impulse. I use the time to experiment and try new recipes and to cook the things I love that often require more time or effort than I usually have. In the last few days I have baked banana bread, tried new recipes for a leek and spinach white bean soup, a spicy bean salsa, a black bean soup, and cornbread. Can you tell I'm on a bean kick? I'm trying to find ways to get my protein without always using meat. And honestly, beans are far cheaper than meat!
Jordan had a first the other day...she climbed out of her crib. It scared me to pieces. I knew she wasn't napping because I could hear her kicking her legs and singing to herself. The next thing I heard was a huge THUMP and then screams. I'm still not sure if she fell all the way from the crib rail or if she tried to get to the glider first and fell from there. It doesn't much matter as she wasn't really hurt. Thank God. I think it scared her more than anything. She did, however, get what appears to be rug burn on her nose and lip. She was otherwise unfazed. Within 15 minutes she was running around the house. It's continuously amazing to me how resilient kids are.
We are contemplating whether or not to go ahead and convert her crib to a toddler bed. It seems to me that it is time, but my husband thinks we should wait. He's afraid she won't stay in bed but will wander around her room instead. I have a feeling that's what every parent has to deal with in the beginning. I'm sure that we can teach her to stay in bed; it will just take some work. Mostly on my part since I'm the one who lays her down and gets her up. Another few months and my belly will require a change anyway; I won't be able to lean over the crib rail to lay her down...

2 comments:

DJan said...

I'm having a hard time equating being so tired and not getting anything done with all that cooking! This takes energy, and some of yours is going internal, to your new project. What a beautiful little girl you have! I enjoyed sending you some energy, although I'm pretty tired myself right now... but it was from reading about all that cooking!

Whitney Lee said...

I understand; fortunately none of the recipes required more than about 10 or 15 minutes of actual cooking!