Tuesday, March 30, 2010

I'm up to the challenge

Chase left town this afternoon.  He's headed to Atlanta to visit his brother and go to a basketball game.  It's been in the works for months; he asked way back when if I'd be okay with this.  We both knew it meant leaving me alone with a toddler and new baby yet I couldn't deny him the opportunity to see his favorite ball player live.

So here I sit.   We (me and the kids) met my sister for lunch, and Chase was gone before we got back.  He's rarely ever at home in the afternoon so the feeling that the very air is different is an example of perception creating ones' reality.  I have to admit that in the nearly 8 years of our marriage we have spent plenty of time apart but only once before has it been because he was gone.  I am typically the one who is traveling.  So this is just weird.  Add in the fact that I now have no backup and I'll admit to being a smidgen apprehensive.

I'm not concerned that I am incapable of taking care of the kids by myself.  After all, that's what I do every day.  That being said, I do heave a sigh of relief when Chase gets home at night.  It means that I can take the dog out without taking Jordan with me or take care of fixing Jordan's dinner without having to juggle a screaming infant.  It also means that I have some help late at night when my coping skills and patience begin to wear thin.  The lack of any sort of break is my real concern, the idea that I won't have an opportunity to recharge until Chase gets home on Friday.

I know I'll be fine.  It wouldn't hurt to send some supportive thoughts my way, though...Or maybe just wish that Connor will magically start sleeping through the night tonight; I wouldn't be upset:)

On a lighter note, over the weekend we took the kids to have their picture taken.  Ashley and Mitch brought his kids too.  I'm going to order some of the professional shots but also managed to get some cute ones of my own.


Here are all six kids.  Aren't they sweet?


Little Miss Priss.  She mostly behaved herself.  Sort of.  


Connor.  He cried most of the time.  What can I say, the boy prefers to be held.  


Jordan did this of her own volition.  Isn't it sweet?

  

5 comments:

DJan said...

These are definitely adorable shots! I take it that Connor's constant crying is now a thing of the past? Once I saw these pictures I wasn't sure about that. Anyway, I'm here if you need to vent. Wish I were close enough to babysit. Really, I mean it!

Kathy's Klothesline said...

They are adorable! You will be fine and just think ...... he will owe you big time!!

Whitney Lee said...

Me too, DJan! I am about to slip off to bed...hopefully for a few hours of sleep!

And Kathy, he's going to be so far in my debt! :)

Debbie said...

Great photos! I hope you all had a good night:)

Therese said...

God you are my template. I am so grateful to watch you survive this ahead of me.

I love the one with Jordon snuggling her brother. I love her dirty little feet. Its such a sweet picture.