Saturday, March 6, 2010

Slowly but Surely

I think we are making progress.  At least I am not feeling so overwhelmed.  I am also not feeling quite so sleepy.  I believe that's due to our getting on some semblance of a schedule.  Or I could be deluding myself.  I could simply feel more alert because it's the weekend and I have backup.  Come Monday I could be zombie like once again.

I haven't been cleared by the doctor just yet but took it upon myself to walk the dog anyway.  I did this on Thursday afternoon because the weather was so nice, and I felt like it'd been ages since I'd stretched my legs.  I did the usual mile loop and felt so wonderful afterwards.  Yes, there were some unmentionable parts that were a bit achy, but it was so worth it.  It was just me and Cody and some Pink on my iPod.  No kids, no screaming, no dishes, no diapers...just sunshine and wind and my trusty four footed friend.

Today we walked as a family.  It was our very first family walk.  Chase walked Cody while I pushed Jordan in the stroller and carried Connor in the sling.  It was a bit like walking while pregnant again.  The whole outing was a really lovely family moment.

Jordan seems to be acclimating a little more to having a brother.  She's actually quite helpful.  She is quite quick to inform me what he's up to.  "Baby Connor's sweeping.  Baby Connor's cwying.  Baby Connor's hungwy."  'Sweeping,' by the way, is 'sleeping' in Jordan-speak.  She is quick to hop up beside me and help burp him or pick up her dolly to emulate whatever I am doing.  Not having been around many children, I don't know if this is typical behavior or if she's a bit of a mother hen.  Whichever, she's adorable.


Here's my little hen playing dress up.  Tell me she's not completely darlin'!


My wonderful sister with the little man.  He's 3 weeks old (as of Thursday).


Here's Ashley again with both her niece and her nephew.

We're planning on taking advantage of the continued good weather tomorrow to go out to a friend's property.  They have a barn and horses but the real draw for Jordan is the playground.  We'll go and let her run around like the toddler she is while we soak up some sunshine.  If all goes as planned there will be several little girls playing.  I hope everyone else is having an equally happy weekend!

 

3 comments:

DJan said...

Oh! What wonderful wonderful pictures, Whitney. I just LOVE Jordan's dress-up outfit, and how she is becoming so helpful. I think it's natural and a testament to how well you have been raising her that she doesn't feel jealous but instead wants to be a mommy too! It warms my heart to see that you are getting back to normal. Great post.

The Good Cook said...

A solitary walk truly does the soul good doesn't it? Good for you.

Raising two young children is HARD work. Don't be to tough on yourself. Try to sneak some more "you" moments in there...

It truly was a beautiful weekend. Glad you got out as a family and I wish you a lifetime of family moments!

Kathy's Klothesline said...

After my week with my three granddaughters I know two things.... It is hard work and I am not as young as I used to be!!!

Schedules are good. Mine don't have a set bedtime and it was all consuming to be "on" from the time my eyes opened until they closed at night. When I raised my children I put them to bed at roughly the same time every night and cherished that time to rejuvenate!