Wednesday, March 24, 2010

Kiddie Update

Connor is sleeping a little better now.  Rather, he's not having screaming gas fits so I'm sleeping a little better now.  It has enabled me to actually gaze at him with love instead of frustration.  Now I'll admit, I don't have the time to hold him endlessly and coo at him the way I did with Jordan.  That's just not possible when I've got an active and needy toddler running around.  I am, however, able to find some time to hold him and marvel that Chase and I made him.  Time to marvel that the little lump in my arms was cozily ensconced in my belly not so long ago.

I am also able to look at him and see just how much he's changed already.  I'd forgotten how much they change in these early months.  His face is a little less round and his body a little more so...He's starting to get those lovely little rolls on his thighs.  I remember when Jordan's thighs were so round that we had to separate the rolls to clean her legs!  I also remember being a bit sad when I noticed that was fading.  Now here's my opportunity to enjoy all that again.  It makes me happy.

Jordan is full of energy lately.  It's like spring has caused her to find her inner energy source.  She's a regular energizer bunny.  She's also testing me like mad.  Keeping my cool has become a common struggle.  Typically that's when Connor wakes up hungry and screaming.  I'm telling you, I don't know how people have more than a couple of kids and retain their sanity.  It seems like a feat of major proportions!


Jordan running around with Mitch's (my sister's boyfriend) kids.  


My beautiful daughter with a little dirt around her mouth.  Aren't those eyes gorgeous?


Jordan and Mitch's kids, ages (from left to right) 3, 1 & 1/2, and 5.  Jordan adores them!


Not the best picture of Connor, but it shows his incredibly cute thighs!


You can see him thinking "What in the world?"  Aren't they cute?  

5 comments:

Kathy's Klothesline said...

I love that last photo. They look like thay are winding down and having a quiet moment together. The rolls on the little legs.....yummy!!

The Good Cook said...

Oh those chubby thighs! I just want to squeeze them. Jordan looked so happy running and dancing with the girls. You are going to have to fill us in on the "boyfriend".. such young daughters he has and he's single???

DJan said...

Adorable pictures. And yes, those chubby little legs kicking can't help but give pleasure! And Jordan is such a sweet and precious child. It seems she wears her glasses all the time now. That was an amazingly easy thing, it seems to me from here. :-) :-)

Therese said...

Hi there...new here.

I've read a bunch of blogs today but having nodded my head while I read them until I came to yours. Michelin man legs...oh and pot bellies. When they thin out your know babyhood is totally over.

Nancy said...

Beautiful, beautiful babies - all of them!

The little girls all lined up was so cute. And Jordan has perfect little thighs, I agree. :-)