Monday, March 8, 2010

Wonderful Weekend

I had an absolutely wonderful weekend.  We had beautiful weather which meant we got to spend some time outside.  Fortunately for us, the weather is still gorgeous.  I'm enjoying it while it lasts!  I also got new faucets in my bathroom.  We've only had them for four years, just sitting in their boxes waiting to be installed.  Chase and Chad (our current houseguest) surprised me Saturday by putting them in.  I was thankful I'd not cleaned the bathroom beforehand (as I had planned to do).


Before



After


You'll have to pardon the crummy lighting in these pictures; I was trying to see how things were going while keeping Jordan out of the guys way.  I've been waiting to see these faucets in my bathroom for several years and I'll tell you they look as wonderful as I imagined.  I am so thankful for handy men!  When my husband does not or cannot do something he certainly knows someone who can.  All that and he cleans floors, too.  How lucky am I?

After all of that household fun on Saturday we had some outdoor fun on Sunday.  We are friends with a couple who have a barn with horses and a playground.  We took Jordan out there to play with their 5 year old daughter yesterday.  My sister and her boyfriend and his 3 girls came out as well.  It was so great to watch these little girls running and sliding and swinging.  There's something about the innocence of children that is so refreshing.  I know it won't last forever which makes it all the more precious.

 

Jordan and her daddy.  He had to convince her that the slide wasn't scary.  By the time we left she had the slide down pat.


Here's Jordan riding the rubber horse swing.  That's our friend's daughter pushing her.  


Here's Jordan squished in between two of the aforementioned daughters.  She falls right between them age-wise and loves when she gets to see them.  


Jordan and her Aunt Ashley while she rides the pony.  Many thanks to our generous friend for sharing her furry four footed friends with us!  And yes, this is the look I got when I requested they all smile for the camera:)



Here I am with Connor while the girls played.  He seemed to enjoy the day, but who can say?


So now you see what my weekend looked like.  I hope everyone else was able to enjoy theirs.  We are now settling into our week.  Today was a milestone-my first day on my own with the kids.  We all survived, I'm proud to say.  I am hoping all continues that way but am determined to take it all one day at a time.  Often I am simply taking it one moment at a time.  Hopefully some of those moments can be dedicated to blogging...perhaps next time I'll tell you how we've come to have a houseguest for the last few months.  

5 comments:

The Good Cook said...

The faucets look great! I love the style.

Your jaunt to the farm looked like fun. How precious to watch littles play, run, swing. Enjoy every moment your children are young, I can't tell you how fast they grow. We are quickly coming to the "empty nest" and I do miss those early years (sometimes)....

DJan said...

Well, it looks like the hard part of becoming a mom the second time is behind you, with the recovery well under way. Wonderful pictures, Whitney, and your family is so great! Your sister seems to be as close to you as I was (am) to mine. Big hugs coming across the blogosphere to you and yours...

Stella Jones said...

Wonderful pictures and despite your worries your capability shines through! Your baby is beautiful, your little girl is delightful and all looks wonderful chez vous!
Coincidence - I am having new taps (fawcets) in my bathroom tomorrow too! I shall have to take a picture of them to show you now, won't I?
Thank you so much for your encouraging comments on my Blog.
Blessings, Star

Reya Mellicker said...

Uh ... YEAH ... giving birth is kind of a HUGE effort. Wow.

CONGRATULATIONS!! And welcome to our world, Connor. He's beautiful, as are you, as is Jordan. What a lovely family.

Hope you can catch a wink or two here and there as your family adjust to the newest member.

xx & love & bravo!!

Reya Mellicker said...

Oh. Your faucets are great, too!