Thursday, April 1, 2010

Here's hoping

I'm just hoping he stays asleep.  Or actually is asleep.  Whichever.  Bless the person who made the infant swing.  Bless the technology that makes it battery powered (I've heard plenty of stories about cranks).  And bless my aunt and uncle who gave us the swing when I had Jordan.  It was a miracle worker then and appears to be up to the task once again.

I don't sleep very well with Connor right next to me.  Even with earplugs I can hear his every snuffle and it's quite disruptive.  In the last few days I've taken to slipping him into the swing after his last feeding and getting a solid 3 or 4 hours of sleep.  It's been amazing.  I was so afraid that it wouldn't work while Chase is gone, but it appears I worried in vain.  He went to sleep around midnight last night, and I managed to get my usual amount of sleep.  He only stayed awake for half an hour in the middle of the night (sometimes it's more like an hour for that 4 AM feeding), and I was able to stay in bed until after 8.  I did't dare dream our night would go that smoothly.  Lets just hope tonight proves to be as unexciting!

We miss Chase, but Cody cuddled with me last night.  He's like a warm, fuzzy calming presence.  I am so grateful to have him.  The bed would seem intimidatingly empty without him, not to mention he tends to warm up the sheets for me before I get in!


Cody is such a sweetie.  This was taken over a month ago.  Connor was only about 10 days old.

3 comments:

DJan said...

Wow, that's a great addition to your arsenal of sleep aids (meaning the swing) but also Cody. I know what you mean about that empty spot in the bed when Hubby is gone. It sounds like you're doing great, sleep is so essential to feeling good!

Reya Mellicker said...

Cody is adorable. He could be Jake's cousin. Awww..

Honey, three or four hours of sleep is not solid. Well ... maybe for a brand new mom it is.

You're so brave to carry on without Chase. In fact, you're mighty. A super hero!! I salute you.

Kathy's Klothesline said...

Love my dogs in the bed, like little heaters!