I read a post recently about weight and body image, and it got me thinking. Yes, I watch my weight, and I try to be conscious about what I eat. In doing this I hope to be healthy and drop this baby weight. Then I look at my children and laugh. I'm doing my best to fatten them up. Well, not Jordan so much anymore; she does well enough on her own! She was quite the round little girl, as you can see in the first picture. She was about 5 or 6 months old in there. She had the sweetest little rolls on her arms and legs, at least until she started crawling. Then the weight gradually melted away. It looks like Connor is going to be the same way.
Here's Jordan, with my sister, at about 5 months old. I loved all of her dimples and rolls.
Here's Connor, about 2 weeks ago, working on rolls of his own.
Here's Miss Priss feeding her baby brother. She loves to help. She'll tell me, "I hold Connor. Move hands, Mama. I hold bottle." She fusses until I move my arm out from under Connor and leave him in her arms. We go through this routine a couple of times a day.
He's becoming much more alert and smiles more often. There are times his smile is so big I expect a belly laugh.
I have been running around outside lately. All Jordan wants to do is go outside and play so I've had less time to blog. I've been so thankful for the pretty weather that I can't complain. I am hoping tomorrow's pretty as well since I've got a softball scrimmage. Wish me luck!



5 comments:
Look at those smiles! Look at those chubby little arms and legs... oh, I love baby fat! Good Luck at your game.
They are so gorgeous, Whitney! And I LOVE that picture of Connor just about to burst into laughter! And those little arms and legs are just what I most remember about babies this age, it's scrumptious. And good luck with the softball scrimmage.
I just want grab a big bite of sweet baby fat!! Nothing is so sweet as a laughing fat baby!!
I can't believe how fast Connor is growing. He has a lovely smile!
Blessings, Star
Omigosh, you have the two cutest little kids I have ever seen...! I just want to kiss their little cheeks. :-) Give them a kiss for me.
Post a Comment