Tuesday, April 6, 2010

Easter

Our Easter was a wonderful family day.  I had intended to get up and take Jordan to the 9 AM church service, but that didn't pan out.  Connor slept through the night (hallelujah,  11:30 to 6:30) and by the time he finished a rather leisurely breakfast I didn't have time to get us ready and to church on time.  Jordan doesn't seem to think she missed anything.

The Easter Bunny hopped by our house, leaving presents in his wake.   Jordan got a few more trinkets than Connor.  I know, tough to imagine.  She was thrilled with her loot and anxious to try out her new cra-awns, otherwise known as sidewalk chalk.

After a restorative nap we headed over to my sister-in-law, Tracey's, for an egg hunt and cookout.  It was Jordan's very first Easter egg hunt.  She had so much fun and was so completely adorable.  It is so wonderful to see her cheeks flushed with honest exertion and a smile splitting her face.  She had way too much fun and was a fussy mess by the time we got home.  She slept like a rock and woke up this morning asking for candy and a cupcake.

Unfortunately for me, Connor didn't make it all the way through the night again.  I'm afraid Saturday night was a fluke.  Still, I'm crossing my fingers for tonight.


Here's what the Easter Bunny left.  Connor's is the little bunny and the cards on the right. 


She's happily squeezing her new stuffed animal while wearing her new sun hat.


Here she is in the hat and the tutu.  The glasses are missing because the were getting in the way of the hat.


Connor and Coach (that's what they call their grandfather.  Don't ask me why.).  


The egg hunt has been successful.


Jordan is showing Coach and Connor how well her loot fits down her shirt.


Here's Connor being gazed upon adoringly by his grandfather and his aunt.  


He's already getting so big.  The tongue thing is from my husband's side.  Most of them tend to stick their tongues out when they are concentrating.  I don't think I got more than a handful of pictures of Jordan without her tongue out for the first 6 months.  


Connor looking so sweet.


My sweet little monkey giving me kisses.


 I hope everyone else had a wonderful holiday and is ready to embrace spring.

7 comments:

Stella Jones said...

Beautiful pictures of a happy Easter-tide. I'm so glad you all had a lovely time. Grandad Coach seems to be enjoying his day too and all those lovely gifts....just wonderful.
Blessings, Star

DJan said...

What wonderful pictures! Jordan is just adorable in that hat, and it's just amazing how big Conner is getting. Of course, he was never a shrinking violet. But you're getting there, if he already slept that long! What really sweet pictures, and what a great smooch in the last one.

Kathy's Klothesline said...

Looks like a happy Easter for all. Conner will be asserting himself for equal loot soon enough!

Kathy's Klothesline said...

Looks like a happy Easter for all. Conner will be asserting himself for equal loot soon enough!

The Good Cook said...

What a lovely day! And the loot! Wow. I think I'll come to your house next Easter, I've been needing a new sun hat.

Nancy said...

Beautiful pictures of a beautiful family! Oh - all I can say is cherish those Easters when they are so tiny and sweet. :-)

Butternut Squash said...

Adorable. Such a beautiful family!
I love Easter. The colors of Easter are all my favorites and you did a great job of photographing them.