This is what my sister's car looks like. Looked like. She got into a bit of a wreck last night. It's been raining cats and dogs here for a few days and last night was no exception. She's still not quite sure what happened; she says she was turning left and saw no cars and the next thing she knows the air bags were deploying. She and her boyfriend are alright although she's understandably a bit shaken. Some kind gentleman came up to check on them and said he doesn't know what happened because he never saw another vehicle either. Ashley is still unclear on details because the cop never asked her what happened or told her what the other drivers (two other cars were involved; she has no idea which one she even hit) had to say. It sounds to me as if he didn't want to stand in the rain and find out what happened so he did the least he could. Of course, I wasn't there so I'm just theorizing. Just as I'm theorizing that the other car either didn't have their lights on (this happened after dark) or was going too fast. We'll have to leave it to the insurance companies to figure it out. They did ticket my sister with a failure to yield. She said the cop gave it to in a manner that suggested he had to ticket someone and she was the lucky winner. One of the drivers was taken to the hospital in an ambulance, but they told Ashley that she was conscious and seemed okay. That has Ashley more shaken than anything. She is really concerned that she has hurt someone (even though it sounds to me as if the accident may not truly be her fault). I keep telling her that she didn't do anything on purpose; that's why it's an accident. I don't think it made her feel any better. Hell, what do you say?
They came over here after the car was towed. She sat down to relax (yeah right) and make the necessary phone calls to the insurance company. One of the gentlemen she talked to said that based on her guess at the damages her Mini may be totaled. They will only pay a certain amount for repair and anything over that means that the car is totaled. He said it sounded like hers was right at the line. I guess we'll just have to wait and see.
2 comments:
Omigosh...! I'm glad your sister is okay. Rotten luck. Nice car, though. I hope the car will be okay too. I'm just glad your sister wasn't hurt.
You have THE MOST beautiful children, by the way...! Omigoodness!
Oh wow! this is really a tough situation. I hope she can find out soon what actually happened. Keep us posted on what might have gone on, I'm very curious...
Post a Comment