It's a small enough price to pay for the miracle I'm busy building. A great deal of the time I feel a bit like a body of water in that there is all sorts of activity going on and yet it's not readily visible. I can feel the flutters and rolls and jabs, but it's not often that anyone else can see the ripples of movement. I spend my evenings reading with one hand pressed to my belly so I can feel the surge of my baby against my palm. For the last week or so I've been able to simply look down and watch my belly jump. It's fascinating and unreal and yet comfortingly familiar.
The walk on Saturday was wonderful. It was a completely gorgeous day, and the loop took us through pastures of horses and through copses of trees. I imagine that the same walk would have been truly spectacular a month ago when the leaves were in full color. I was not the very last person to cross the finish line though it was close. I kept up a steady pace but didn't try to push myself. I know what my limits are and I knew it was much better for me to do the walk slowly than to try to go too quickly and get a stitch in my side. My neighbor (the one I walk dogs with each night) was happy enough to walk and talk with me. It took us an hour and three minutes.
As for my sister's car, she heard from insurance today that it is not totaled. The damage is just under $7000, and she will have her car back in a couple of weeks. The agent told her that they still have not talked to the lady who was taken to the hospital because she has now hired a lawyer. I guess she plans on some sort of lawsuit against my sister. I still think that this driver didn't have her lights on and is now looking to get money out of the situation. I could be wrong (as I often am), but ultimately it doesn't matter. It is what it is. I firmly believe in karma so if this woman is being dishonest she's ultimately screwing herself. My sister said she honestly feels a little better now that it's looking like this woman is going to attempt a lawsuit because it means she wasn't actually hurt. Now she can quit worrying that she caused someone else pain.
So that's the news from my world. All is well here; aren't we blessed? I hope the same can be said for ya'll.
2 comments:
Yes, Whitney, you are truly blessed! I used to put a cup and saucer on my belly as I lay in bed and watch him push it off! Once they actually jumped up before crashing to the bed, he kicked so hard. Glad to hear you took your time in the walk. Yes, now you get to start the preggers waddle! A friend of mine is having her twins induced this morning; she's been on best rest for two months and is ready for it to be over.
I'll say a prayer. I know she's bound to be glad to get them out and get off bed rest, but soon the real work will begin! I discovered it was much, much easier to take care of them before birth than after. Of course, it's not nearly as rewarding!
Post a Comment