and I turn into a not very nice person. Yes, she is in her room, but I'm unable to wander far or for long because there are inevitably suspicious noises or frightening silences. I've discovered that yoga is far less effective when one has to investigate noises or relax into child's pose to the sounds of 'Old MacDonald.'And then today a miracle happened. She fell asleep. We were on the way home from meeting my sister for lunch when I looked in the rear view mirror and saw the most precious
of sights; a sleeping child.
I was tempted to simply keep on driving, but I took a chance and came on home. I woke her up long enough to get her inside and in her own bed. There she proceeded to not sleep. Yup, you read that correctly. She started to play. Every time I walked towards her room I could hear her run and jump back in bed. Which, even when it annoys me, still makes me smile.
After 15 or 20 minutes of this I realized that all was quiet. Not that scary, suspicious quiet but that heavy silence that means all is well. So I am sitting here, smugly posting. And praising the goddess of sleeping children (there has to be one, right?) that mine is once again on schedule.
1 comment:
Hah! I think it's your own Guardian Angel intervening. Before too long, there won't be that wonderful interval in the middle of the day, because you'll be having another little one. I'm glad you're taking time for blogging or I would be missing out!
Post a Comment