So now that my love of quotes has been confessed, I'm moving onto Dr. Seuss quotes. I'm contemplating whether or not to put a wall quote in the nursery. I'm considering doing the walls in a neutral color and pulling color for the room from curtains and bedding and artwork. I don't know if I mentioned that we ordered two limited edition prints from Pottery Barn Kids for little Peanut's room.

I figured it would be something that he could hang onto and maybe pass onto his children (should he have any) someday. Plus, artwork typically appreciates. Anything Dr. Seuss is a bit difficult to find so we figured these prints were the best way to go.
Now I have to decide whether I want to put a quote on the wall or not. Here are some of my options:
A person's a person, no matter how small.
Today you are you, that is truer than true. There is no one alive who is youer than you.
The more that you read, the more things you will know. The more that you learn, the more places you'll go.
Today is your day! Your mountain is waiting. So...get on your way.
There are certainly more, but that gives the general idea. I know I have plenty of time to think about this as we don't plan to convert the office into a nursery until after Christmas. Still, I find it enjoyable to roll ideas and possibilities around while I'm waiting. Much the way my son is rolling around.
2 comments:
So you're thinking about art that will give your still unborn child a possibly good resale value? Now that's REALLY thinking ahead! :-)
Well, one of my options was this big wall sticker for $100. We talked about it and thought it was silly to spend that when we could spend slightly more and have something that was reusable...The resale value is more of a bonus than a deciding factor.
But when put that way it makes me chuckle. It makes me sound incredibly A.R.!
Post a Comment