
A boy! I'm not sure just yet how to feel about this. I am a bit smug because I've felt I was having a boy from the beginning and I've now been proven right. I am a bit disappointed because I would have liked to have another girl. I have hundreds (not an exaggeration) of dollars worth of completely adorable and beautiful clothes in the attic that I hate to not be able to use again. Aside from that, I'm intimidated by the idea of a boy. I know nothing about boys. Of course, until I had Jordan I knew nothing about babies...
Then there is the part of me that is excited. This baby is now taking form, obtaining some sort of personality in my mind. He is becoming more a reality instead of a concept. And there is the part of me that is already mentally shopping for all of the adorable clothes and accessories I deem necessary for a boy.
My husband is thrilled. He has always said how wonderful it would be to have one of each. Because Jordan is such an affectionate sweetie there is a part of him that is a bit sorry not to have another daddy's girl. In his case, however, that part is greatly outweighed by the excited part.
After the ultrasound I had to stick around for my checkup. It consisted of a weight and blood pressure check (both great) and the doctor stepping in to basically give me a big thumbs up on the healthy baby and ask if I had any questions. He told me that there's truly not much I can do about the sciatica but the good news is that it can tend to get better as the baby grows and moves up.
On another note, we went and got Jordan's glasses today. I'll have to post pictures (once she wears them long enough for me to take a picture). We requested the earpieces be replaced with cable earpieces. These will actually wrap all the way around her ears making it more difficult for her to remove. Unfortunately the kit to exchange the earpieces hadn't come in yet, but they are going to check on that and call to let me know. Until we get those earpieces I don't think we've got a chance in hell of keeping the glasses on her more than about 30 seconds.
I'll admit to being a little irritated that they called to let us know we could get the glasses when the full product ordered wasn't complete. I'm going to have to get over that though; being irritated isn't going to change squat!
All in all it's been quite the busy day!
We went and got a new laptop this weekend, and I've been rather busy attempting to move all of our files and pictures over. I'll be back in the swing of things soon though. I will say that the display on the new computer is amazing, and it's incredible how much better everyone's already beautiful pictures look. Very exciting.
2 comments:
That ultrasound picture is really incredible. So easy to see that beautiful baby BOY. I had two boys, and I know that feeling about not knowing about boys. I had four sisters and was sure I would have girls because that was all I knew. And when the second boy was born, I was in heaven. Congratulations, and thanks so much for the ultrasound picture.
You're very welcome! I decided to preserve his dignity (for now) and omit the ones that so clearly showed that this is not a girl. My sister has informed me that this is good for me. I tend to avoid change (I'm a creature of both comfort and habit) and this will force me out of my comfort zone. I'm certain that there are a million wonderful things I'll now have the opportunity to experience that I would have missed out on if we'd had only girls.
Thank you for your interest. I understand your feeling of voyeurism, but I truly don't post anything that I wouldn't want known. I'm glad that this journey is something that you find interesting as opposed to painful. I admire your strength.
Post a Comment