I've felt Peanut moving quite a bit in the last few days. I remember what it felt like from my first pregnancy, but it's not quite like experiencing it again. It's so much more intimate than the later kicks and elbow jabs, perhaps because it's just between us two. I feel like I've swallowed a secret, and it's just floating around inside. Our first joint communication, hopefully the first of many. It's the loveliest, sweetest sensation.
On a separate note, my MIL sent the picture of Jordan to my husband's uncle (who is a pediatrician). His response was that her eye is not crossed in the picture. He said the light reflex is at the same location on the pupil. This is what is known as pseudostrabismus and is not a problem. He went on to say that of course I should have her doctor check her but that waiting until her appointment next week is plenty soon enough.
Had my MIL told me she planned on asking his opinion I would have told her not to bother. In fact, she got the picture from her husband, not me. The picture does not show how extreme the eye is at times. Nor does it show how she sometimes blinks heavily as if to straighten the eye out. Or how she has started pointing at the eye when it's particularly bad or plucking at the eyelid. Perhaps she does not have strabismus (which would be fantastic), but there is definitely something wrong.
3 comments:
Hopefully it's not anything too serious or that can't be corrected fairly easily. I remember that feeling of having the baby move. And you're right; it's much easier than the later times when you feel the baby wanting out, all feet and elbows!
I loved the flutterings but I really didn't like the foot stuck under my ribs. Sometimes I really wish for another one but it's a lot of work and I don't have the energy that I once had.
I have known a few people whose children had to wear eye patches for a little while. Life goes on, and the kids don't seem to notice too much. I am sending you positive thoughts. Peace.
Everybody has an opinion! You strike me as an extremely grounded, reasonable and loving mom. Wish I could tell your MIL that she doesn' have to worry. Though actually it's none of my business.
I work with lots of pregnant women - part of the beauty of that work has to do with the incredible moments they share with me - thanks for your posts about pregnancy. Your thoughts and observations are beautiful.
Post a Comment