Sunday, September 20, 2009

Happy Birthday!


At this moment two years ago I was lying in a hospital bed laughing at my husband and sister and mother, all of whom were keeping me company on one of the more interesting journeys I've had: Childbirth. I was able to laugh because I had an I.V. drip of pitocin to induce labor and the epidural had kicked in. I didn't actually feel any contractions. Amazing.
It is flabbergasting to me how time has actually grown wings and flown since the birth of my daughter. I was unaware that that was more that a figure of speech. I swear, motherhood has taught me more than I ever would have believed. I had no idea that I had such a huge capacity for love. It is a depthless well that magically seems to hold more than seems possible. It's a bit like Mary Poppins magical bag. Today is my lovely little munchkin's 2nd birthday. We are about to begin frantically cleaning and putting out little dishes of fruit and cheese and chips and dip and so forth for the 20 or so people who will be coming to help celebrate. It should be lovely fun for all of us. I'll post pictures and such tomorrow. A beautiful Sunday to everyone.

2 comments:

DJan said...

And happy unbirthday to you, Mom! Two years ago you gave birth to a beautiful creation, and you stopped being preggers all at the same time. She is so beautiful, and I am happy that you are giving her such a great birthday present. She is very fortunate to have such a mom....

Whitney Lee said...

Thank you! That is very kind. Your comments are always lovely and I appreciate them.