Thursday, June 25, 2009

Whoops

So I put her down for her nap at 2, per our usual routine. She was super tired from playing with the neighbor for an hour and running errands. I thought she'd be out like a light. No such luck. She was relatively quiet while I did Pilate's but started fussing a bit while I was vacuuming. I took the dog out one last time before I laid down for a nap and smelled a bit of specialness from her room. Well, no one should have to nap in poo so I opened her door in anticipation of a quick change and then my own nap. Instead, I saw this. Poor baby. I looked and I wiggled and listened to her screams. Then I picked up the phone and called my husband. No, I'm not bullshitting you. She's stuck. Come home NOW.
Which he did. Thank goodness. All I could do was lean over her and rub her back as she cried. Fortunately my husband works close by so he was home within 10 minutes. He then poked and wiggled and asked me to find something to rub on her leg to help slip it out. Before I could find anything he told me to quit looking and just pull her leg out while he tried to separate the slats a little. There was a bit of ominous creaking and copious tears but with a little pushing and pulling I got her free. Hallelujah. My poor, pitiful love. She cried and carried on for a little longer but is now sleeping peacefully (in a clean diaper). Now it's time for my little nap.

3 comments:

TheChicGeek said...

Awww, I remember those days! Somehow we do get through them and years from now you will look back and laugh :D
My son got his head stuck in a fence once...very similar story...LOL

Have a Great Day!

TheChicGeek said...

PS: Your daughter is absolutely gorgeous!
xox

Unseen India Tours said...

Your daughter is really cute!!I agree with Chicgeek you will remember these moments in future and will smile!!Unseen Rajasthan