So today is my husband's birthday! He's not a big fan of eating out so I cooked his favorite dinner (meatloaf and mashed potatoes) and we had family and friends over. Yeah! I love to have people over. For whatever reason I honestly love to welcome people into my home and feed and entertain them. I simply enjoy the role of hostess. I'd like to think my home is warm and welcoming, perhaps because I'd like to be perceived in a similar manner.
It may have been my husband's birthday (therefore he didn't have to wash dishes) but I feel that tonight was as enjoyable for me as for him. It's what I'd like to call a win-win. He got his share of fat and carbs, not to mention cake and presents, while I got to feed people. It was also nice just to see people. You know, grown up type people. Jordan and I have been somewhat cooped up since our bout with gastroenteritis and we've been getting a little tired of one another. At least I have. I am taking the liberty of speaking for her since she cannot yet speak for herself. I love my 'job', but everyone needs a break.
No comments:
Post a Comment