Friday, January 8, 2010

Well, it's still a boy

I had my checkup yesterday and all appears to be in order.  They did an ultrasound to make sure he is growing properly.  Apparently it's normal procedure when someone has a seizure disorder.  I was excited about seeing what he looked like, but it was a bit disappointing.  I could see a heck of a lot more at 18 weeks.  He's just too big to get much of a picture.

It looks like he's about 5 pounds right now (which puts him in the 63 percentile) and the doctor is predicting he'll be about 7 lbs. 14 oz.  I'm certain that I can handle that as my daughter was a solid 8 and a half pounds.  Still, I've got a feeling he may be a bit bigger than that...maybe I'm just scared.  I'll be happy if I am able to avoid a cesarean.

I did get the doctor to prescribe some headache medicine; I'm having awful sinus headaches that merely laugh at Tylenol.  I'd be fine if I could just get rid of this damn cold.  I'm going through a boat load of water during the night because I'm having to sleep with my mouth open.  Then, of course, I have to get up every hour to go to the bathroom.  It's a vicious cycle.  I guess I really have reached the less comfortable stage of pregnancy!

On the toddler front we have had a vocabulary explosion!  She is averaging 3-5 new words a day.  It makes things interesting around here.  I absolutely love the way she mispronounces words.  I need to record it because pretty soon 'Amen' is going to sound like 'Amen' instead of 'Anem.'  And one day she'll be able to pronounce her r's better and quit saying 'Soddy, Mommy' when she gets in trouble.  I'm going to miss that...

I hope everyone else has had a wonderful week and is looking forward to their weekend; I certainly am!

1 comment:

DJan said...

Glad to hear it's still a boy in there. I found something that really helps me with sinus problems: a neti pot. I know the whole thing seems gross, but it really helped me out. I've got a post about my experience with them here if you are interested. Big hugs to you and your round belly! And Miss Jordan!