Thursday, January 21, 2010

I'm still here

I just feel like poop.  I think pregnancy has finally caught up to me!  I started feeling nauseous Sunday night (very disappointing as we had dinner plans with Chase's sister) and haven't really felt like myself since.  I actually had to ask Chase to take half a day Monday to come home and watch Jordan for me so I could sleep.

Each day I've done mostly nothing and then gone out for a bit at night.  Monday night it was Sam's Club to get dog food and diapers.  Tuesday night it was the baby store to pick up Peanut's furniture that had just arrived (yay!).  Last night was the best - girl's night out.  Each night after these excursions I've had to get back on the sofa to rest.  Blech.  Boring.  Not to mention incredibly frustrating as I've got things that I'd like to get done.  Minor things like laundry, grocery shopping, cooking, taking care of Jordan, working on the nursery, etc.

The oddest thing is that even though I've not been nauseous since Sunday, I still have no appetite.  I've had to force myself to eat for the baby's sake.  Let me assure you that this is not normal for me lately!

On the more exciting front, Chase has managed to get the nursery painted and the furniture put together. I've got pictures that I'll post soon.  We have yet to move all the office stuff out of that room or run the wires for the wireless internet back to our room (that's the big project).  Still, the room is no longer an office and has become a nursery.  Progress has been made!  I have Chase and our friend Chad to thank for that.  I have had very little to do with any of it aside from helping to pick the paint color and zipping to Home Depot for another gallon of paint.  They painted the nursery Saturday afternoon while I went through lots of Jordan's old baby stuff to see what could be used for a boy.  Happily enough there are more items than I had hoped.  Just as soon as I have the energy I will place those things in the brand new dresser!

I hope that everyone else is feeling a bit perkier than I am.  I didn't even get on the computer until last night so I've been slowly catching up on everyone else's world.  Hopefully I'll get those pictures transferred today and post pictures of the nursery.

No comments: