I got a very sweet email from my husband this afternoon (while I was napping) that simply told me how wonderful I am and how much he appreciates me. He made it clear that while he does want to thank me for all I do for him and our daughter, mostly he appreciates me for being me.
I have to say, when you are dealing with a woman who is 8 1/2 months pregnant, sending out that sort of sentiment has to actually require forethought...
I think that being surrounded with people who's relationships are shifting at a high rate of speed has made both of us more aware of how fortunate we are. It's been a bit of a wake up call. After a period of time it becomes ridiculously easy to take one another for granted. Sometimes we need a little tap on the shoulder to remind us that we need to not only feel gratitude but to also express gratitude.
As lovely as it is to be in a relationship that's comfortable enough to be taken for granted, it's incredibly important to remember how blessed I am to be here. Everyone needs to be thanked for their contribution to a relationship, no matter how big or small that contribution may be. Actually, for me, it's the little things that make the bigger difference. For instance, I'm thankful that he is going to great lengths to get the office converted into a nursery, but it's a bigger deal to me to know that I am not going to have to wash the dishes after I've cooked dinner. I guess I feel that it's often easier to make the grand gestures and somewhat more difficult to keep up with the everyday stuff. Therefore the everyday stuff is a bigger deal...
I'm not sure that I'm expressing my thoughts very well; pregnancy seems to be making me less coherent. Still, while I'm expressing gratitude, thanks to all of you who continue to entertain and inspire with your blogs!
2 comments:
I agree; it's the little gestures that mean so much, and you said it quite well, even in your advanced pregnant state. I think it's wonderful that you have a good guy to share your life. BTW, you could deliver any day now. Were you early or late with Jordan? Or right on time? Just curious. If you are missing for awhile I'll expect a full accounting of the event!!!
This was a lovely post. You expressed so well what love really is, and it makes me smile to know that your baby is coming into a happy home with three people waiting to welcome him as well as extended family and friends.
Post a Comment