Sooo...what's new? I'm still pregnant. Only 26 days to go. Or not. We still haven't decided on a name. I think it's driving my sister batty since she wants to order a diaper bag with his name on it (just like she did for Jordan). The only holdup being we have no name to put on it just yet, unless you count Peanut. I think we have narrowed it down to two names, Gavin or Connor. The middle name is Lee, a family name on my side. I think I'm leaning more toward Connor, just because it flows a bit better (very handy for when I yell at him).
I got very excited yesterday when I read a post about meat by The Good Cook. I am in the midst of overhauling our nutritional habits and this post is about grass fed beef. It was an extremely informative and useful post that allowed me to find where I can purchase said meat in my town. I happened to actually leave the house today and was able to venture into the health food store. I picked up some ground beef and some steaks. I was impressed that the price wasn't that much different. I knew the meat would be more expensive, but I don't think it was prohibitively so. I've lost my spurt of energy and may not actually cook tonight, but that gives me another 24 hours to decide what, exactly, I'd like to do. Sometimes I think that planning what I'm going to cook is half the fun.
I am proud to report that my sister has joined the blogging world. Hip hip hooray! I'm not sure when she'll actually find time to post anything, but I'm sure she'll manage somehow. She manages to cram more into a 24 hour period than anyone else I know. I know that she could benefit from blogging; for her it could be a release. Lord knows she needs an outlet for some of the stress in her life. It seems that she's not the only one under pressure; every third person I know is having some sort of major drama. It makes me even more thankful for the relative calm of my world.
I also am very much excited about my new stroller. I knew I was going to need a double stroller since I intend to get back to walking every day. It was one of the few big ticket items I needed this go round. We still have so much stuff left over from Jordan that there's a great deal we don't need (high chair, swing, breast pump, car seat, bassinet, etc.). I debated for months about which stroller to get, the regular double stroller that runs about $250 or the all terrain super duper stroller that runs about $540. Take a wild guess which one I chose.
I actually feel rather fortunate that we found one on eBay for about $100 less. It's still brand new in the box. The stroller itself will hold up to 88 lbs. Of course, I'm then expected to actually push the 88 lbs., but that's beside the point. It is a Phil and Ted stroller and is rated very well. My hope is that if I don't completely wear it out I can Craigs list it or take it to one of the second hand children's stores around here. Still, if it rides as well as it says and I use it the way I anticipate, I will consider the money well spent. By the way, we got it in black. Isn't it pretty?

2 comments:
Oh my, Whitney, it is DEFINITELY pretty, and I think it's a great investment in your health and well-being. I like Conner also, but I keep thinking of the Terminator movies when I hear it... But Gavin just doesn't flow, does it? Neither one lends itself to cute diminutives, which is probably a good thing. Do you really think you'll go another 26 days?
Love the stroller! I see that you are my newest follower! Welcome! I think Gavin is a fine name, as I have a five year old grandson who bears the name. He is the Gavin in my other blog "Letters to Gavin".
Good luck with those last days of waiting to meet your new one.
Post a Comment