Tuesday, December 15, 2009

I Didn't Run Away

I have simply been either busy or really tired...nearly too tired to think.  I actually have had so much running through my head lately that I haven't really known what to write.  Of course I've been surrounded by mini dramas.  What is it about this time of year that often brings out the worst in others?

I went to the doctor today for my checkup.  Peanut and I are doing great, not that I had any doubts.  The boy is so busy swimming and kicking and doing somersaults that I knew he must be fine.  It's increasingly fascinating to watch my belly ripple like a bowl of jello.  I spend a great deal of my time watching my belly or sitting with my hands on my belly so I can feel him from both sides.

The doctor did say that because of my seizure disorder they want to keep a bit of a closer eye on me than is typical.  They actually want to do another ultrasound to make sure that baby is growing as he should.  They didn't do this with my last pregnancy so I'm not sure what the difference is this time.  I am on medication (though I came off of it long enough to get pregnant and get through the first trimester) and haven't had a seizure  since January of '08.  If I had had a moment or two more to process the information I'd have had a few questions for him.  Oh well, I'll see him in three weeks.  I'm not worried because I'm sure everything is fine (besides, what would worrying accomplish?).  It'll be neat to see Peanut again.  I'm sure he'll look very different at 33 weeks than he did at 18!

Speaking of looking different, I took Jordan to have her Christmas pictures at Sears last week.  How much she's changed in a year!  She did great though we did have to take her glasses off for most of the pictures because of the glare.  Take a peek and tell me she's not adorable!





















1 comment:

DJan said...

Yes, Whitney, she is adorable! I had forgotten about your seizure disorder, but I suspect the difference in frequency of visits between this one and Jordan is simply caution. I'm so glad you are posting when you feel like it, and I also want to send you are heartfelt THANK YOU for your encouragement and comments to me on my blogs. I feel so thankful to have met you. It's like the daughter I never had has come to me through you.