Thursday, December 17, 2009

Angels and such

My sister is dating a guy who has kids.  The other day the 6 year old little girl was watching Ashley set up her nativity scene.  She asked what Ashley was doing.  Ashley began to explain to her who each person was and their role in the Christmas Story.  The nativity scene that she has features a little hook from which to hang the angel who told the shepherds of the birth of Jesus.  She explained all of this to the little girl.

A little while later she overheard the 6 year old talking to her 3 year old little sister.  She was very intent on sharing her new knowledge.  Ashley eavesdropped and this is what she heard:

"This is the baby.  This is the baby's mama.  This is the baby's daddy.  And this is the tooth fairy."

When Ashley told me about this I thought I was going to pee on myself.  Fortunately for me (and all the fine folks at Michael's) I was able to control myself.  I thought the story worth sharing, though.  Hope you enjoyed!

3 comments:

DJan said...

That is a wonderful story. Thanks for not embarrassing yourself, Whitney! In a month or so it would not have been possible... :-)

Did you explain to her that she might have not heard it quite right? Or does she know something we don't? Where does that tooth fairy live anyway?

Whitney Lee said...

You know, I wondered about the tooth fairy myself!
I think that these kids have had little exposure to bible stories and the only thing she knows about angels could be the tooth fairy...Honestly, who can explain the workings of a child's mind?

Unseen India Tours said...

This story is really worth sharing and reading too !!Nice one..