Thursday, October 8, 2009

MIA

I have been missing in action, I know. I was struck down by a nasty stomach bug and took a few days to recover. Then I felt so great being back on track that I got busy playing catch up and relegated blogging to the bottom of the list.
But I am back, and feeling great. Relatively little sciatica and energy galore. Hooray!
It's going to take me quite some time to catch up on all the blogs; I've not read any for nearly a week. It's a little more difficult now because I try to stay off the computer unless my daughter's busy or sleeping. As active as she is, my comp time is limited. It was a little easier when she still took three naps a day!
We have had a great start to our day. Jordan wore her glasses for 15 minutes straight. Today is the first day we've really tried to get her to wear them because we didn't get the correct earpieces and what not until yesterday afternoon. She was so fussy yesterday we decided it was best to wait until today.
Tonight we are going to the Pumpkin Patch with friends. It's a little local place with those blowup things kids can jump in and those huge inflatable slides. Plus pumpkins...Last year Jordan was a bit young for all of that (only 13 months) so this will be her first time. She's going to love it; I'm excited! I'll have plenty of pictures to post tomorrow.
On the baby front we have had some excitement. My husband was able to feel Peanut move the other night! That's the first time. I think I was further along with Jordan before he was able to feel her. But then, Peanut seems to be much busier than she was. Mostly late at night!
We also have decided on a theme for the nursery: Dr. Seuss. It's colorful and happy and will still be fun when Peanut is out of the baby/toddler stage. I was unaware that Dr. Seuss bedding and such is a bit (read: extremely) difficult to find. Fortunately Pottery Barn Kids has some and it's on sale now. I was afraid that meant they were getting ready to discontinue it so I went ahead and bought a couple of crib sheets and a pillow sham. I figure with some bright colors and art work (and hopefully a mural if I can talk the right guy into coming up to paint) we will have a fantastically happy nursery. Here are pictures of what I ordered.



I'm excited, even though the nursery probably won't be addressed until after the holidays. Things will simply be too hectic before then! And nearly two months will give us plenty of time to get things set up. Besides, we kept Jordan in her play pen in the living room for the first several months so that we could hear her at night. I don't think she slept in her crib until she was 6 months old. I'm sure Peanut will be sleeping near us for the first little while; nighttime feedings and such...
That's a quick overview of my world the past week. I'm looking forward to getting some time to sit and read everyone's blogs.

1 comment:

DJan said...

Wow, 15 whole minutes with the glasses! This makes me think she likes what she sees when she's wearing them, so that's a good thing. Sorry to hear about your stomach thing but glad you're better. That means it's not anything to worry about. So I have a question: is Peanut going to be wearing that name his whole life? I wondered if you have thought about a name yet. I know a friend who nicknamed her unborn baby "Muffin" (having a bun in the oven) and now she's three years old and STILL called Muffin instead of her real name!