
I had a checkup today. Really just a belly check. Apparently it looks appropriately round and measured as it should.
I'm enjoying my checkups so far. That's because it's been so long since I've had to get undressed and do the full cervix check and whatnot. Another month or two and that'll be the norm. I don't much care for the weigh in, but what can I say? It's required. At least with this pregnancy the doctor doesn't cringe when he sees how much I've gained.
Peanut is obviously growing well. He's a busy boy these days. He doesn't show himself much before noon and really gets going around 9. We've reached the stage where it's relatively easy to feel him kick as long as you've got a little patience. There are times when his kicks are enough to make me jump in surprise. I don't remember that with the last pregnancy. Then there are the times where he's just turning or rolling instead of kicking. I liken it to ripples on the water; that's the mental image the feeling evokes.
As for the moniker 'Peanut,' we are planning on retiring that at birth. My daughter was 'Goober.' My sister actually gave her a towel with that name embroidered on it. We still use it regularly for her bath time. Peanut has a middle name but no first name yet. My husband and I cannot agree on anything. What he likes I don't (and vice versa). We've agreed on a couple of possibilities but have made no decision. We figure we've got a little time. Just so you know, we are open to suggestions! The middle name is going to be 'Lee.' It's a family name on my side and was going to be the middle name regardless of gender.
On the toddler front, the glasses are going well. I got her to wear them for two hours straight this morning. I will give it another whirl after her nap and anticipate my husband working on it tonight. It would be great if we could get a total of four hours or more today. Monday she only wore them for half an hour and has upped that number each day. Yesterday she wore them for over three hours. I'm thrilled. I'm noticing that her eyes don't seem to cross as often or as obviously when she's wearing the specs. Of course, this makes it much more startling when she takes the glasses off...
1 comment:
I'm sure that Peanut will be happier with any name than that one... There are so many possible names. I named my first son after two explorers: Christopher Eric and my second after St. Stephen and my father (he was Stephen Norman). Fortunately my then-husband wasn't pushy and allowed me to name them myself. He hated his own name, which was a family name: Derald Cloyse. Your family name of Lee is much more mild mannered than that!
I'm thrilled also to hear that the glasses are staying more on her face, because I suspect she can see better with them. Plus she sure looks adorable with them on. Thanks for posting, I enjoyed it a lot.
Post a Comment