The last two evenings have found me sitting, hunched over a bit to give some relief to my stretching belly. It's as if, after my last meal of the day, there is no longer enough space for the food I've consumed, my organs, and my growing fetus. I think the trick is going to be much smaller meals, at least until this stretching process has progressed a bit.
I don't remember dealing with this at all during my last pregnancy. Of course, I did gain a fair amount of weight so perhaps I'd already stretched the skin a bit. And I did carry her much lower than I appear to be carrying this one. The pain I'm having is all above my belly button. I'm pretty sure Jordan never got too far above that.
I remember with my last pregnancy I asked some other women when my belly would harden. They told me not to wish for that to happen too quickly because it was going to hurt when it did. I didn't know what they meant because it never did hurt me. Perhaps this is what they were referring to?
Still, I'm not minding too much. It's all part of the process, right? And I'm still not even 6 months along. I'm coasting right now. Give it a couple of months and I'll remember what discomfort is really like! Hell, I can still see my feet. Better than that, I can still reach my feet. What have I got to complain about?
Aside from that, it's a completely gorgeous day today (much appreciated after the continuous downpour of yesterday), my daughter and my dog are both napping, and I've not got a single chore that absolutely has to be done this minute. That means I have a few lovely moments to myself to spend as I choose. Aren't I the fortunate one?
5 comments:
Yep, you are definitely the fortunate one. A friend of mine couldn't get pregnant so she had in vitro and is now on her second month of COMPLETE bed rest in a hospital, in constant pain, and wishing it could be over. She's at 33 weeks and has two baby girls in there. It's been brutal for everybody involved. So yes, you are fortunate. And when you're done, only ONE peanut will emerge!
See, that helps put it in perspective. There have been some twins on my dad's side so both times I've been very thankful to only have one little being inside me. I cannot imagine quite how it'd feel with two! Nor how I'd deal with two once they were out.
I also hate to imagine how painful and frightening things are for your friend. I will put her in my prayers.
You are lucky to have such an easy pregnancy. It's not a picnic at the best of times.
You have the most exquisitely beautiful child...! Do you know if this baby is a boy or a girl?
Jo, thank you.
This time around we are having a boy! We get to experience an entirely different situation. Now, if only we could figure out what to name him...
Dear Whitney, How exciting, you are pregnant! I hadn't realised....that is just so exciting. Good luck with it. I suppose the advice regarding the stretching would be not to eat too much at one time. Then perhaps you won't feel over-full. You've already worked that out, right! I remember it well, not being able to reach my feet or see the floor - or clean the kitchen floor (laughing). Take care and please keep us up to date with your progress.
Blessings, Star
Post a Comment