Wednesday, March 25, 2009

Go Me

I know that everyone has those phases where they have to push themselves to exercise. That's pretty much what the last 3 months have been like for me. I walk the dog (because it's gotta get done) but I've really had to work hard to make myself do more than that. I've gotten a little complacent because I'm within about 10 lbs. of my pre-pregnancy weight. That would be more impressive if you fully understood just how much weight I gained while pregnant!
Anyway, last week I went to a yoga class for the first time ever. It hurt (in that 'I worked my muscles and feel fantastic' way) but also made me feel so much better. I went back to the class this week. Again, I felt awesome even though I had to take the stairs out one at a time, like either the very young or the very less than young.
This afternoon found me sitting here at home doing a whole lotta nothing. I'm not reading a book right now and I wasn't in the mood for a nap. Laundry is done and the house is reasonably clean. So I was left with roughly an hour and a half to myself while my little love was napping. I didn't much feel like doing any exercising either but forced myself to get up and stretch a little. Next thing you know I'm pushing the sofa out of the way and doing an hour of Pilates. Soooo proud of myself!
I also feel a heck of alot better, too.

No comments: