Wednesday, May 13, 2009

My Eight Things...

I have had the most difficult time with posting lately. My mind runs in circles and just when I think of something I want to say that seems intelligible, something comes up. Ah well, such is life.

I will have to thank Mary Evelyn from a million miles from everywhere for jump starting me by tagging me with eight things. Perhaps this will get me rolling again! One can only hope.

Eight things I like:
  • the sun shining through a black sky
  • the sound of my daughter's laughter
  • watching my sister & husband singing & playing on stage
  • laughing until I cry
  • a beautiful & touching line or lyric
  • waking up & realizing it's not time to get up yet
  • a good cup of coffee
  • camaraderie among friends (even better when those friends are also family)
Eight things I did yesterday:
  • Cuddled with my puppy dog
  • Got a postcard from my cousin who's currently schooling in Australia
  • Laundry (I believe this may be true every day)
  • Read a book (I waited until my munchkin went to sleep)
  • Went to buy new cushions for the deck chairs (which I didn't get because the selection was limited)
  • Watched "The Best of Elmo" with my daughter while trying to get her to boogie
  • Listened to band practice in the basement
  • Walked with some of my friends for some exercise & girl talk
Eight things I wish I could do:
  • Give birth without first going through 9 months of hell
  • Get the dog hair out of my furniture
  • Write a bestselling novel (of course, just writing a novel would help)
  • Take magical & awe inspiring photographs
  • Believe in myself as much as my husband & sister & father believe in me
  • Snap my fingers
  • Play piano by ear
  • Articulate how it feels to hold my daughter in my arms
Eight things I don't like:
  • Injustice (by my definition, of course)
  • The physical distance between me & my family
  • Debt
  • Fear & how it shapes people's actions
  • Having someone correct my grammar
  • Dust
  • Regrets
  • Horror movies
You know, it's amazing how difficult some of this can be if you actually put some thought into your answers. For one, I have momnesia (becoming a mother has truly made me dumber) and I really had to think about what I did yesterday. For another, it's tough to think of things I'd really, really like to do as opposed to things that would merely be nice to do. It does make you think; if you want to, that is.

No comments: