Friday, May 22, 2009

Terrible Twos....

I have been reading up on different phases of childhood and different methods of discipline and so forth. One of the books I read says that toddlers typically enter the terrible twos somewhere around 18 months and they are usually done with them by the time they reach the age of two. If that's the case, please fast forward the next four months!!!
I love my daughter, truly I do. I also am so glad that she is in her room having her nap that I don't have the words to express my relief. Actually, it's less about her nap and more about my not having to watch her for awhile. Not having to listen to her whining. Not having to listen to her screaming. Not having to listen to her wailing. Not having to drag her suddenly limp body behind me in my mad rush to get to my vehicle before the rest of the shoppers ask me to please do something about my horrifically loud child. And I am certain that I am not the only parent to feel this way. I have been assured that this does get better. Right after it gets worse. Lovely.

No comments: