I have been whining and moaning about my little love and her complete inability to listen to me. I have been bemoaning the fact that my daughter has morphed into this child/beast who laughs in my face when I try to tell her "no" and screeches when she doesn't get her way.
I fully believe that we find what inspiration or guidance or reminders when we need them, as long as we keep our minds open. That was certainly true for me tonight. I was just stumbling around in the blogoshpere, wandering from my usual path and found just the post I needed. The Things We Carried had an incredible post that reminded me of what I have. I sat here in front of my computer with tears streaming down my face because I was so touched. My heart was singing, 'those could be my words; that could have been ripped from my life.'
It reminded me that I know that most precious of things, the pure and innocent love of a child. I know what it is to look into someone else's face and see your soul shining in their eyes. To know that the curve of their cheek is the most beautiful sight you've ever seen. I know what it is to look at my sleeping daughter and feel the emotion overflow, seeking an outlet when words simply fail.
Perhaps there are moments that I lose sight of the magnificence that is my daughter when I get caught up in the daily grind. I start letting little irritations distract me from how miraculous and funny and sweet she is. Fortunately for me there are little reality checks out there, as long as my eyes are open.
No comments:
Post a Comment