Saturday, April 18, 2009

Wicked Witch

I realized that I have sent my husband several messages lately, apologizing for being snippy. Instead of apologizing, perhaps I should consider being kinder. I know, I know; it's a radical idea. But if I think before I speak, I may have less backtracking to do.
I felt particularly petty this morning after I realized he had left me a little love note (on his way to go fishing, while I was still asleep). He even dated it for me so I can look back and remember when and what. I'm big on dating cards and letters and whatnot.
I need to remember that it's all about attitude. Obviously mine needs a bit of an adjustment.

3 comments:

Nancy said...

I was an at-home mom, too, and sometimes it can be hard, especially with hormones. It's great that you want to be better to your husband. A happy marriage helps make a happy family.

Thanks for stopping by my blog today. I liked your comment - I think you will like "The Power of Now".

Jo said...

What an exquisitely beautiful child in your masthead picture!

You're lucky your husband sends you love notes. That means he loves you. I think he understands your moods.

Whitney Lee said...

Lover of Life, I agree. I believe that my marriage is the foundation of our family and I'm determined to do all in my power to make sure it's a healthy one. I think "The Power of Now" is going to present me with a whole new set of tools. I'm already hooked.

Jo, thank you! I have to say she really is beautiful; partially because she's always smiling and hugging people. My husband does seem to understand my moods and fortunately doesn't hold them against me.