Wednesday, July 15, 2009

My nightly walk

Typically I walk my dog each night with my neighbor. She has a dog, I have a dog, we both love to eat therefore we need the exercise...We cannot walk them together so we get double the exercise. It's fantastic because I get the necessary girl time. Being a stay at home mom that is often hard to come by. Sometimes it's three of us, sometimes four (my daughter, in her stroller). Whatever it is, it's fun. We play catchup, laugh, bitch about men...the usual when girls get together.
Tonight my neighbor wasn't home so I took Cody out by myself. I'd forgotten how much I love that, as well. I plugged in my iPod, turned on some Sarah McLachlan, and hit the road. It's refreshing, like hitting a reset button. I focused on the lyrics, the wind in my hair, the burn in my thighs as I picked up the pace. It was healthy for me to get out there alone. In fact, other than my nap today, it's the only time I've been alone.

"A man can be himself only so long as he is alone."
Arthur Schopenhauer

*This is not where we walk. This is my dog.

No comments: