I finally got to go out last night without Jordan. It's been longer than I care to remember since that's happened! Chase and Ashley's band, Wildcard, was playing and I got to go!!!! It's the first time I've actually heard them play outside of the basement, and they sounded fabulous. They must have done something right because they've already been booked again. Jordan and I can look forward to an increase in the number of practices...
I had a wonderful time and stayed longer than I intended. I took terrible advantage of the babysitter as I didn't get home until 1 AM. Yet I desperately needed a break. I was getting snappish and impatient with Chase and simply less loving with Jordan and Cody. I have pulled single mother status all week because Chase had practice every night and then the gig last night. I was about to hit a wall. A gal has to have a little breathing room...I honestly don't know how single mothers do it.
Soooo, as for the night out...it's always fascinating to me to watch people. Particularly in bars. You get to see the posturing and the posing, the interesting and the asinine. I'll admit that my sister is quite attractive and has the type of compelling personality that just draws people in. I got a big kick out of watching the guys watching her. There was, inevitably, a table full of women who seemed less than impressed. A friend pointed out that one of the women had not had one kind word to say. She sat there through several songs and criticized absolutely everything about my sister, from her vocals to her volume to her choice of attire. She was one of those women who looks dried up and even when smiling manages to convey her distaste with the world around her. You know the type. So that was my comic relief. I'm thinking that next time I should wear more makeup and tighter clothes; I didn't really fit in...
No comments:
Post a Comment