Thursday, January 29, 2009

Me Time

As much as I love being a stay at home mom and a homemaker (I love that word) I need time for myself. Chase has been very busy with one of the bands lately and it has meant a lot of long days for me. Jordan doesn't get up until 8:30 or 9 each morning but it's because I don't put her to bed until 8:30 or 9 each night. I am not a morning person. She's down to one nap a day. This means that lately I've had no break for 10 or 11 hours. I understand that this is part of parenting and it will become more hectic when we decide to add to our family. Still, it's important that I get at least some downtime. And for the past several weeks that has been hard to come by.
Even when the weekend rolls around I am not getting much of a break. Somehow I am the main caretaker...I have enabled a situation in which I have to ask my husband to take care of our child...he seems to naturally expect that I will see to most things. Such as making sure she's got food, diapers, doesn't get into anything she shouldn't, etc. I'm struggling to find a way to shift this. Because lately I'm having trouble with not having any sort of break. I've tried to explain to my husband that if I don't get some downtime then I'm not a very patient mother and I'm a pretty crappy wife. It looks like I'm going to have to reiterate that a few hundred times for there to be a shift in behavior. Or maybe I'll just run away from home for a few hours...it can only make things better for everyone!

No comments: