When we got back from shopping Chase informed me that he might have to take Jordan to the doctor the next day because she was complaining about stomach pain. I waved off his concern. Come the next morning I wasn't waving off anything. She crawled into bed with us Sunday night about 2 and tossed and turned the rest of the night, continuously claiming her tummy and bottom hurt. My concern was that I couldn't remember the last time she had peed and I couldn't get her to go. We spent some time Monday morning looking for an urgent care center nearby. Chase loaded her into the truck at 8:30 and headed out.
It turned out to be more than we anticipated. The urgent care place took x rays and told Chase they were unusual. They showed him her blocked intestines and distended bladder. They sent him to the Children's Hospital in Norfolk (about an hour from where we are staying). I just sat here with Connor waiting for updates. I enjoyed seeing Connor have fun but felt guilty at the same time that we were out on the beach while Chase was checking Jordan into the ER.
They finally decided that there was nothing pathologically wrong with Jordan. They catheterized her and gave her an enema and sent her home. Poor Chase and Jordan came back to the beach house at 7 that night. Fortunately she was feeling better and has continued to improve each day. Still, it wasn't quite how we had envisioned the beginning of our vacation.
Here's my munchkin, in direct contrast to her beach introduction. Pitiful, isn't it? My baby is feeling much better, don't worry. And now resembles the girl in the previous photos.
We've actually had plenty of fun since then, and I'll fill you in and post more photos later. It probably won't happen until after we get home because this internet connection is pretty slow...
4 comments:
Oh poor little Jordan! Give her a kiss from Australia. ♥
Those pictures are great, but it is so worrisome about Jordan. I'm so glad she's better. Poor baby!
Connor continues to grow so fast! I love that toes picture, it makes me want to head to the beach.
Poor Jordan, she must have felt wretched. Why do these things always happen when we go away? So glad she got over it eventually with help.
Connor is getting more and more like his dad.
Your photos are excellent.
Poor Jordan, she must have felt wretched. Why do these things always happen when we go away? So glad she got over it eventually with help.
Connor is getting more and more like his dad.
Your photos are excellent.
Post a Comment