My dad's youngest brother and his wife are coming up tomorrow. I honestly can't remember the last time I saw them. Maybe at my sister's first wedding (almost 9 years ago)? I know Ashley saw them at my grandmother's funereal, but I'd just had Jordan and couldn't go. It seems so strange to me to go so long without seeing my uncle when that side of the family was always so close. It seems that the older everyone got the more their lives began to drift apart. This is one of the reasons that we cousins on that side began getting together every Thanksgiving-making family a priority again had to start somewhere.
Anyway, I've been cleaning the house while trying to pack. I don't want their first impression of our house to be 'Aack!' And I'm A.R. enough to have begun making a packing list right after we rented the beach house. I mean, I'm packing for 4 people for a week-if I didn't have a list we'd forget at least half of what we need...
I will be taking a gazillion pictures over the next several days so keep an eye out for much fun:)
Fortunately they are keeping themselves occupied while I am busy!
5 comments:
Lovely, lovely everything. :D
I saw my old Aunt yesterday, for the first time in ages and all my kids were at home and Mark came home for lunch and it was BEAUTIFUL! Family is so important. Have a great week at the beach.xx
I sure do look forward to the gazillion pictures. That might be a little bit of an exaggeration but, knowing you, maybe not! Have a great trip!!
Have fun!! I know what you mean about family drifting apart. It is worth the effort to make sure you are around family as much as possible.
I hope you have a really good time Whitney, with all your family and friends. When ours were little we didn't have a holiday for eight years and when we did finally afford it, boy did we enjoy it!
Looking forward to seeing your photos soon.
Be safe.
I think a family vacation every year is a must! We often rented houses on the coast where we could relax and have kitchen facilities. I always made sure we went somewhere every year, however, as it gave us something to look forward to throughout the year. Hope you have a wonderful time!
Post a Comment