I went to bed at 9:30 Saturday night. I woke up at 8:30 Sunday morning. By 9:30 I was finally able to stay awake long enough to actually sit up and get out of bed. By 10:30 I was back in bed, sound asleep. I didn't get up again until 3:30. All told, I think I was awake for about 12 hours the entire weekend. I didn't really feel like myself again until Tuesday. All we can figure is that the two medicines combined knocked me out. Trust me, I won't be doing that again!
You know, on my last post I was venting. I appreciate all the comments because they certainly made me less alone and gave me a few things to think about. No matter the situation I can typically find the silver lining. In this case, I can honestly say I've never dealt with someone so patient and loving and sympathetic when I am sick as my husband. So the upside to his own issues is that he never makes me feel rushed to get better or like taking care of me and taking on all my duties is a chore.
Since I'm feeling better we've been trying to stay busy. The last two days we've gone over to my sister's and let the kids play with their cousins. They are so damn cute running around and laughing and screaming together. I'd say more, but the pictures tell it better.
Here they all are, playing in the sprinkler. Aren't they darling?
I love this because I caught Connor mid step. You can tell he's running.
The girls are playing limbo behind him. Their version of limbo, at least.
And because I haven't posted pictures in awhile, and I tend to believe my kids are freaking adorable...
She reminds me of someone here, but I can't figure out who. Chase said she looks like Ashley, but I don't think that's it. Oh well, it'll come to me eventually.
Monkey see...
Monkey do!
It's getting close to bedtime, hence the pose. Both of my kids scrunch their butts up to tuck their palms under their hipbones when they get tired. Is it a universal kid pose?
4 comments:
Wow, they're cute. I can just hear them because my grandchildren are that age and they visited last weekend. They don't walk anywhere, it is always a full run to wherever. Feel better soon.
Oh, the screams! I told my grandchildren that they could only scream outside while they were here!! They scream a lot!! Jordan is going to be a very beautiful young woman. You can see it in that picture that has you puzzled. Maybe you are seeing yourself???
Yes, Whitney, they are beautiful children. And your pictures are very good, I can picture myself in them! I love the one of Connor airborne.
Everyone needs to vent sometimes, but boy am I glad you are feeling better. I am a terrible patient, but my guy is also good at taking care of me when I need it.
Beautiful pictures of your children having such a good time...
I'm so sorry you felt so sick. I know how awful that is! Also I've had experience of phenergan knocking me out. I took it for an insect bite once and honestly didn't know what was going on for the rest of that day. Never again. To think they give it to children!
Post a Comment