Thursday, December 16, 2010

Here we go again

I have been planning on posting about our counseling appointment last week, but time sort of got away from me.  Oh well, it's a busy time of year.  I also had other plans this week, such as shopping and going to the post office and cleaning up the basement for my dad's visit.  All of that got a bit derailed by the weather.  It has been awfully cold this week, at least for us.  Then this morning, SNOW!  Jordan is excited, of course.  She and her daddy have already been out once.  She wanted to make "snow ball men."  What a magical thing snow is in the world of the child.

When I saw it was snowing, all I felt was relief.  It means that Chase's work will be less busy so they shouldn't miss him.  He needs to stay home today.  I had another seizure this morning, sometime around 5. I am irritated because I thought I was done with them.  I'd been 10 months without one this time.  That's the longest I've gone since I started having them about 4 or 5 years ago.  I came to sitting up in the bed, putting my shirt back on.  Chase was telling me what happened and asking if I knew my name, then if I knew the names of our children.  This one wasn't as bad as the others, thankfully.  What scares Chase so much is the aftermath.  I get up and move around without a clue who I am.  This time I took my shirt and socks off, then took the blanket off our bed and put it in the shower.

I actually sent him off to his scheduled doctor's appointment as I don't feel too badly.  I am a bit tired and my body feels like I've worked out too hard, but otherwise I'm okay.  I'm just biding time until he gets home so that I can take a nap.  He doesn't want me going to sleep without him here.  I have reassured him that I shouldn't have another seizure, but that didn't appease him.  He wants me to start taking my medicine again, but I want to wait.  I was only planning on breastfeeding until Connor turns 1, which is only 7 weeks away.  Even the shortest time I went without a seizure was 4 months.  I plan to start taking my medicine as soon as I finish breastfeeding.  Unless, of course, I have another seizure, which I don't anticipate.  I remember talking to the neurologist after one of my first ones, and he said there's no danger to me from the seizure itself.  The danger is from my moving around.  That's why Chase is so worried about my laying down without him here.

This certainly puts a kink in my plans for the day.  Oh well, nothing I can do about it now, right?  Fortunately, every one of them has been in my sleep.  And it doesn't really scare me as I'm not the one who has to see me walking around.

On the bright side, counseling went really well.  The last week has been much better, partially because we have been much more mindful.  We have another session tomorrow, weather permitting.  I'll have to fill you in more later.  I'm in need of some rest.  I think it may be time to cuddle on the sofa with my munchkins.  I hope everyone else's Thursday is a bit less eventful that mine!

4 comments:

Stella Jones said...

Sorry to hear about your seizure but I'm glad you're resting out of it now. These things tend to come along when least expected and lay you out for the rest of the day. Just take it a bit easier and you'll be on the road to recovery. Only 7 weeks till Connor is one year old? My goodness, that has gone quickly by.
Blessings, Star

Natalie said...

Must be a scary thing. You have done very well to feed Connor all this time without a seizure.
I can't believe he is nearly one either. Wow.

DJan said...

I echo the other two comments: has it really been almost a YEAR? And thanks for sharing your trials and tribulations so openly, it's hard to hear and not being able to help, except by sending you my sincere wishes for all to work out well in the end.

Katie @ Yankee and Peach said...

Yikes. That's scary, but I'm glad you're recovering (and blogging about it!).

Interesting that you put the blanket in the shower - I wonder what message your subconscious was trying to tell you? (that it's laundry time?!) =o)

Not to make light of a serious situation, as I do hope you can get back on your medicine soon. And I'm so happy that you have nursed Connor for so long!