Tuesday, June 29, 2010

Thank you

Thank you, everyone, for the incredibly kind and supportive comments on my last post.  I know this phase in my children's lives will not last long so I am grasping each moment I can.  I think the transience of this period is part of why I feel guilty at times for my emotions.  Logically I'm aware that that's not terribly reasonable.  Then again, when have emotions ever walked hand in hand with logic?  Anyway, thank you again.  The support is much appreciated.

I've had numerous thoughts floating around in my head lately but very little time to sit down and write.  By the time I do have a few moments I'm not coherent enough to actually formulate a post...so I'll let things percolate a bit longer.  In the meantime, here are my beautiful babies.


Here we all are at the band's last gig.  Ashley is holding Connor while I've got Jordan.  Over my sister's shoulder is Ricky, the drummer.  It was a gorgeous night and one of the few places they play that I can take the kids so we had a good time.  (Check out the rolls on his thighs.)


Jordan showing off her first face painting experience.  She walked around to all the tables and showed them her dragonfly.  It didn't matter if she knew them.  


Connor after a nap.  I love this picture.  We swaddle him for sleeping because it's about the only way to get him to stay asleep for any length of time.  It has gotten to the point where he smiles when he sees the swaddle coming.


His first bathing suit!  Old Navy is the only place I could find one smaller than 9 months.  It still has the tags attached in this picture but he was still stylin'.  He'll be ready to go for the 4th.  


Jordan, getting close to nap time.  After waiting over 2 years for her to form an attachment to any blanket or stuffed animal she finally picked this blankie, I think because it's soft.  She hasn't reached the stage where she can't live without it, thank goodness.   


And last but not least, Connor has found his feet!  It has led to much fun for him and for us.



3 comments:

Natalie said...

Beautiful little ones. :)

DJan said...

These are just the most wonderful pictures, Whitney! I laughed out loud at the "here comes trouble" picture, and love the beautiful dragonfly that Jordan shared with everyone. These are great shots and I love them all, really.

The Good Cook said...

Beautiful, just beautiful.