The number for Poison Control is 1-800-222-1222. This is important information to have, particularly when one has ingested an unknown quantity of hand sanitizer. These are not the recommended activities for nap time.
Chase was gone so I had to assess the damage and handle the situation all on my own. Thankfully she didn't get sick and Connor slept through the whole fiasco. To be honest, I thought Jordan would be a bit older than two before I had to watch for signs of intoxication!
My mother came into town Sunday. She said she needed a Jordan and Connor fix. I am thrilled. I will admit she's not the most maternal and was very self involved when Jordan was younger. On more than one occasion she called and told me all about her life and forgot to ask about my daughter. I have learned to keep any expectations to a minimum and simply appreciate whatever interest does occur. That said, we've had a wonderful time so far, and she's been quite enamored with both kids. Yesterday we just hung around the house and played with the kids. I admit it's a bit validating to have my mother and husband shaking their heads and wondering how I do it day in and day out.
We did have an exciting moment yesterday when Connor rolled over for the first time. I swear, babies are just something else. I feel so blessed to have this time with my children. I am here for each and every moment, something that not everyone has the opportunity to do. I am, to them, the center of the universe. I know that will change so I am enjoying it while it lasts.
She's such a joy and at an age where half of what comes out of her mouth is hilarious. Obviously she's none the worse for wear after her sanitizer snack. Thank goodness!
She's so enamored with her baby brother.
Here he is in my mother's arms. Look at that pouty bottom lip!
Just so you get the full effect of the roll...
Going...
Going...
Gone!


4 comments:
I love the pictures you post. Question about your mom, was she still working when Jordan was born? Just wondering...
Glad the hand sanitizer meal wasn't too poisonous and mostly scary. What does that stuff taste like anyway?
Sheesh! I wonder why she thought it would taste good? Those are super wonderful pictures, I especially love the one of the two of them, and Connor turning over. And it sounds really fun to share them with your mother right now. You're right: you are very fortunate to be able to do this, and I well remember being in the same position and how happy my babies made me.
He is really growing! Poison Control, that is a good number to have handy!!
Your babies are so lovely....i could just smooch them to death. :)
Post a Comment