My baby is one today. This time last year I was lying in the hospital trying to convince the nurse that I was in labor, even if my contractions were irregular. It doesn't seem like a full year has passed. I feel like, try as I might, I wasn't fully able to savor all the little moments of infancy. Lord knows it's harder when you've got two. You pretty much end up with whichever kid is fussing louder. Anyway, I hate the fact that my baby isn't really a baby anymore. I'll admit, though, that he's getting to be a hell of a lot of fun. It's awesome to watch his personality emerge.
He was a fairly fussy baby but not anymore. Everyone comments on what a happy boy he is. As soon as he sees us coming he gets a huge gummy grin and starts bouncing. He loves to laugh and is extremely ticklish. He's cuddly and sweet and prefers interaction to playing alone. He's also determined and gleefully defiant. He absolutely adores his sister; his face lights up when he's watching her. He loves music and will dance when he hears an upbeat tune. I am sorry that this baby stage has passed so quickly but am looking forward to seeing what new things each day may bring.
2 hours
Six months
Last night
Happy Birthday, Connor.
5 comments:
Happy Birthday Beautiful. I SOOOO love new born photos.
Happy Happy birthday Connor! Time really does fly by. And how they grow so fast. It just takes a few months and they don't even look like the same little person.
Every now and then I catch a face that Evie makes and it reminds me of her newborn pictures... but most of the time I can't even see the same child in those pictures!
I hope Connor gets a cake - or at least a huge helping of dessert to play in today! =o)
That last picture with his reflection in the bubble is awesome, Whitney! And he looks so much like his dad, doesn't he? Yes, it all passes so quickly, but you have this blog to bring back all the memories. It doesn't seem possible that the pregnancy pictures were all more than a year ago. Time does fly. Glad to be able to see his progress here, and Jordan too. Thank you so much for your blog!!
Seems like only yesterday I logged on, wondering if he had arrived .... and now he is a big boy. A handsome one, too. Happy Birthday, little man!
Happy Birthday Connor indeed. Your pictures are wonderful, so clear and crisp. You must have a good camera and a great deal of talent. Well done you! That year has gone by so quickly hasn't it. Enjoy year number two.
Post a Comment