So much has happened in the last several months that I don't even know what to mention first. I will say that I miss this, and I miss reading blogs and keeping up with what's happening in the lives of those I feel are friends. With as much as I have on my plate I had to let some things slide and blogger became one of those things. Hopefully that is changing.
Speaking of change, my baby turned five last week. I cannot believe she's actually that old. It sometimes seems like yesterday we brought her home. Now she's in Pre K and practices being pregnant and having her own babies. Although she keeps asking for a little sister we've told her she's going to have to be content with the little brother she's already got...some days she seems satisfied with that.
More than the change in her is the change in Connor. He's a little boy now. I miss some of the baby things, but he generally keeps me a bit too busy (not to mention entertained) to miss much. Besides, he's affectionate enough to compensate for the fact that I no longer have a toddler. I will say that he has a strong personality and is fortunately cute enough to persuade me to keep him even when he's more than a handful.
I hope all is well and good. I'll leave you with a picture or two...or more.
Our trip to the beach
Playing tambourine with the band last weekend. Check out the impish little man.
Making faces at Aunt Ashley
My little princess on her birthday
And now, the fledgeling business...
signs and such on reclaimed barn wood.
This one was for us, to hang as you walk down the steps to our basement.
This one was for my sister. DJan, I thought of you the whole time I was doing this.






3 comments:
I was just wondering about you yeasterday and here you are. The children have grown so much. Looking more like each other and too grown up! Enjoy every moment.
I love your signs and wish you much success.
Oh! I love that poem, and then the mention of me! Thank you so much for the wonderful post, the pictures of the kids (who are growing up amazingly fast!), and, well, welcome back! I've missed you...
I've missed you too Whitney. Your children have really grown haven't they. Yes I can see Connor's personality shining through! Thank you for coming back to us. Don't stay away so long next time.
I have changed my Blog address to www.cottagelifeinengland.wordpress.com because I keep running out of space on Blogger. Do feel free to visit there if you feel like it. Meanwhile I post on Blogger when it lets me!
Nice poem for your sister. Have I missed something there?
Post a Comment